General Rules & Expectations:
1. ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR YOU WILL NOT RUN
2. Drivers & Riders must wear seat belt, helmet, fire suit jacket, and long pants while participating.
3. ALL Drivers & Riders must attend the drivers meeting.
4. During event you are given 1 minute to make an aggressive hit or will be disqualified.
5. You MUST run a roof sign.
6. Drivers & Riders are not allowed to drink alcohol before they participate. If found with alcohol in system you will not run, no exceptions. ZERO TOLERANCE RULE!!!
1. You have 1 minute to make an aggressive hit. After 1 minute that car is disqualified. That is 1 minute total.
2. For safety, DO NOT HIT THE DRIVERS DOOR!!
3. You are given 2 fires- 1st one we put out and the 2nd one you are done for that round.
4. Rollovers- you may keep going as long as car is deemed safe.
5. Watch the officials. If they are trying to get your attention, there is a reason.
6. No holding or pinning, you must back up and show day light. You may not pin to win!
THIS IS A SET OF GUIDELINES OF HOW TO BUILD YOUR CAR.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY DO SOMETHING THEN YOU CAN’T!!!
NO PAINTING OR UNDERCOATING OF THE FRAME. NO BUFFING OR GRIDING FRAMES OR BODIES
EXCEPT WHERE WELDING IS SPECIFICIALLY ALLOWED IN THESE RULES. NO PAINTING IN THE INSIDE OF THE BODY OR CAR. IF THIS IS DONE THE CAR WILL NOT BE INSPECTED.
1. Any American made car can run with the following exceptions: No 4x4’s, ambulances, hearses, trucks or limousines. No manipulating a wagon’s roof to create a sedan No 1970 or older Lincolns, no 1973 or older Chrysler Imperials or Imperial Sub-Frames.
2. All cars must be stock unless modification is specifically stated in these rules.
3. All glass, plastic, chrome, and interior must be removed from car before arriving to the derby.
4. All trailer hitches and braces must be removed.
5. Batteries must be moved to the passenger floorboard and properly secured/covered. If you have a rider they must be in a safe place, secured & covered.
6. All cars must have working brakes when you come for inspected. If the car is not able to exhibit the ability to stop it will not be inspected.
7. NO welding other than what is mentioned in this set of rules. If your car is found with any weld, other than what is allowed, and you refuse to fix it to the judge’s satisfaction, you and your car will not run.
1. Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Remove all decking in wagons Vehicles must be swept clean of all debris
2. No sedagons, ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming or folding.
3. Deck and Hood must be 100% in stock location
4. Anything can be removed; NOTHING can be added!!!
5. Fasten trunks, hoods, tail gates in 4 places, 2 strands of #9 wire or 3/8 bolts with no larger than 4x4x1/4 washers to sheet metal only or 4 spots of 2x2 angle 2 inches long with 3/8 bolts may be used on the hood instead. You may weld doors 12 inches total on each vertical seam only 3x1/8” Strap. Do not weld hood. You may weld trunk with 4 3 inch long welds
6. Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece of #9 wire may be substituted. No body bolt changing allowed. DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM. Exception: You may replace two front body mounts with two 3/4 threaded rod with eight 3 inch washers and 6 nuts, and may extend through hood. ZERO welding allowed to mount this rod. You may also replace the 2 behind the hump with 3/4 all thread with same washers allowed as core support one.
7. #9 wire or chain or 1 piece of 3x1/4 flat strap required in front windshield.
TIRES/WHEELS no bigger than 16 inch ,No split rims,No studded tires.doubled tires ok no solids no foam filled. No bead locks no full centers
NO welding on frames allowed.
1. No suspension modifications allowed. Must remain strictly stock. ZERO aftermarket parts.
2. You may use 2 twist in spring spacers per side (store bought, no homemade)
3. You may use a single strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps.
May weld 1 2x2x1/4 strap on each upper a arm
Drive Train: ANY drivetrain allowed with the following
1. Only the lower stock engine mounts may be welded to cradle only. You may extend off back of cradle but nothing excessive, 1/2" flat plate only (example SBC in Caddy, Mopar)
2. No tranny protectors, stock mounting only, stock crossmembers only. No welding
3. Rear End Swaps Allowed: NO bracing. No axle savers max 5 lug. You may weld rear end gears you may swap gears and add a mini or full spool
4. You may run 1 piece of 3/8” standard chain from rear end around the frame OR 2 strands of #9 from rear end to frame, nothing thru body (# 9 wire can have 2 loops, 4 strands together in center twist only.) One or the other, can’t do both.
5. Aftermarket Cable Shifters, Gas Pedals, Steering Columns & Headers are allowed. None may strengthen car.
6. Lower engine cradles only. Must have factory engine mounts No pulley protectors, no skid plates, or protectors of any kind,
7. You may swap engines, example: Chevy in a Ford.
8. Slider drive shafts are allowed pinion brakes are allowed
1. 4-point square cage only with one 2x3 down tube to sheet metal only per side must be behind front door inside seam max 60-inch side bars 6inch max. Halo bar is mandatory to back seat bar or floor sheet metal. Gas tank must be mounted horizontally and 8 inches off floor. No Gas Tank Protector bigger than 24 inches in rear.
2 Gas tank and battery must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Battery centered in the
passenger front floor.
3 Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car.
4 Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4-point cage area.
1. You may weld on any loaded (loaded on inside only, nothing on the outside) factory OEM bumper, or a simple piece of 4x6 or smaller tubing. You may weld the stock bumper bracket for the car or the bumper to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, single pass only.
2. Shocks may be collapsed and welded. All shocks and brackets in stock location only and extended one inch in front of frame.
•ALL bumper brackets and shocks must be in stock location. Or
•You may shorten to one inch in front of the core support space and hard nose with no shocks or brackets on car. Or
•You may chain, one piece of chain per side BOLTED from the mount to mount to hold on the bumper.
Only welding allowed is doors, bumper, engine mount, cage and rear end gears!
03 & Newer Rules:
MUST BE 100 % FACTORY SUSPENSION FOR THAT CAR- NO MODIFICATIONS
1. Must use factory rack & pinon, no steering box conversions.
2. Must run the factory aluminum cradle, NO added metal.
7. Must follow all other rules, any questions call before assuming it will be OK!!!!!
THIS IS NOT A SET OF RULES BUT A SET OF GUIDELINES OF HOW TO BUILD YOUR CAR. SAY YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY DO SOMETHING THEN YOU CANT.
JUDGES DECISION IS FINAL!!!
IF IT DOESN’T
Cars may be re-inspected before any prize money is paid out.
This is a simple build, keep it that way!
Do not get creative or read into the rules, this is a back to the basics build.
Repair Plate Rules:
6x6x1/8 only 4 on fresh cars and 6 on pre runs CAN NOT cut them off and move them.
80 and Newer Bone Stock Demo