1. ALL RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED OR YOU WILL NOT RUN
2. Drivers must wear seat belt, helmet, fire suit jacket and long pants while participating.
3. ALL drivers must attend the drivers meeting.
4. During event you are given 1 minute to make an aggressive hit or will be disqualified.
5. You MUST run a roof sign.
6. Drivers are not allowed to drink alcohol before they participate. If found with alcohol in system youwill not run, no exceptions. ZERO TOLERANCE RULE!!!
THIS IS NOT A SET OF RULES BUT A SET OF GUIDELINES OF HOW TO BUILD YOUR CAR. IF IT DOESN’TSAY YOU SPECIFICALLY CAN DO SOMETHING THEN YOU CAN’T!
THIS IS A SET OF GUIDELINES OF HOW TO BUILD YOUR CAR.
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN SPECIFICALLY DO SOMETHING THEN YOU CAN’T!!!
1. No Fresh Paint or Undercoating on the frames at all. No buffing or grinding frames or bodies except where welding is specifically allowed in these rules. No painting in the interior of the car.
2. All cars must be stock, unless modification is stated in the rules.
3. All glass, plastic, chrome, and interior must be removed from car before arriving to the derby.
4. All trailer hitches and braces must be removed.
5. Batteries must be moved to passenger front floorboard. They must be properly secured and covered.
6. You must have at least the size of a 15”x15” sign on the roof of your car with car number on it for judging and recognition of the car. You cannot use the roof sign to strengthen the car.
7. All cars must have working brakes when you cross the ramp. If the car is not able to exhibit the ability to stop it will not be inspected.
8. NO welding other than what is mentioned in this set of rules. If your car is found with any weld, other than what is allowed, and you refuse to fix it to the judge’s satisfaction, you and your car will not run!!
9. No full size vans trucks or suv
Remove all glass mirrors and plastic. Vehicles must be sweptclean of all debris. No Body Changes, ZERO crease enhancement, ZERO sheet metal or frame shaping, forming, or folding. Hood must be 100% in stock location and open for inspection.
Fasten trunks, hoods, tail gates in 4 places, 2 strands of #9 wire. You may weld doors 6 inches total on each vertical seam only 2”x1/8” Strap. Drivers’ door may be welded solid - 2” x 1/8” strap. Do not weld hood or trunk!
Body mounts and spacers to remain stock and in place. If they are broken or rusted out, a single piece #9 wire may be substituted. No body bolt changing allowed. DO NOT EVEN TOUCH THEM
#9 wire or chain required in front windshield in two spots.
Tires no bigger than 16 inches, No split rims, No studded tires. Doubled tires are ok. No Foam Filled tires. Solids are ok. Wheel centers are allowed but no bead locks.
NO welding on frames allowed.
No suspension modifications allowed. Must remain strictly stock. ZERO aftermarket parts.
You may use a single strand #9 wire to hold coil spring to rear end and leaf sprung cars may use 4 single strands #9 wire as leaf clamps.
Drive Train: ANY drivetrain allowed with the following criteria.
Use motor of choice, motor must be in stock location and bolted in stock mounts. Absolutely no welding to swap them! You can convert EFI engine in this class.
Only Stock Driveshafts Allowed
You may run 1 piece of 3/8” standard chain from rear end around the frame OR 2 strands of#9 from rear end to frame, nothing thru body (# 9 wire can have 2 loops, 4 strands togetherin center twist only.) One or the other, can’t do both do no attach to frame just loop the frame
Aftermarket Cable Shifters, Gas Pedals, Steering Columns & Headers are allowed, do not use to strengthen car.
4-point square cage only with one 2x3 down tube to sheet metal only per side, driver side may attach to top of frame. Max 60-inchside bars 6inch max. Halo bar allowed to back seat bar or floor sheet metal. Gas tank must be mounted horizontally and 8 inches off floor. Gas tank protector may be used but must be not wider than 24”, centered in car, 4” off any sheet metal including floor.
Gas tank and battery must be moved and secured. Tank behind the seat, Battery centered inthe passenger front floor. Nothing may be mounted in a way that strengthens the car.
Trans coolers allowed. Must be mounted inside 4-point cage area.
You may weld on any loaded (loaded on inside only, nothing on the outside) factory OEM bumper that is legal for the class you are running or no weld car class, you may weld the stock bumper bracket for the car or the bumper to frame 4 inches from the back of bumper, single pass only. All bumper material longer than 4” back must be removed. Shocks may be collapsed and welded. All shocks and brackets in stock location only and extended one inch in front of frame.
You may shorten to one inch in front of the core support space and hard nose with no shocks or brackets on car.
This is a simple build, keep it that way!
If you call me on these the answer is likely NO! Do not get creative or read into the rules, this is a back to the basics build.